You need to be registered and approved to bid at this auction.Watch the auction
BR(M) enamel Station Platform Sign 'GENTLEMEN WASH AND BRUSH UP' F/F 36in x 18in. This rare sign is in excellent condition.
BR Lion over Wheel cast aluminium Crest, ex Class 85 Electric loco. Measures approximately 18in x 18in. Totally ex loco condition.
GWR brass Cabside Numberplate 6319. Ex Churchward 2-6-0 Mogul built Swindon Works in 1921 and allocated to Wolverhampton. Saw spells at Worcester and Laira before ending up at Gloucester Horton Road in June 1963 from where withdrawal took place not l ong after. Ex loco condition.
Single Line Bronze key Token stamped both sides EVESHAM - MORETON IN MARSH 26, in original condition with green painted end. Section on the Cotswold line between Oxford and Worcester.
Nameplate 'Merchant Venturer', stainless steel. Ex HST Power Car number 43125 named Bristol Temple Meads 17/04/85 using cast aluminium nameplates. These were removed on repaint in to Swallow livery in the late 1980s and replacement stainless steel na meplates fitted during June 1994. Removed at Brush Loughborough during re-engineering in 2006. Sold on behalf of Great Western Railways in aid of their nominated Charity, Prostate Cancer UK and will come with an official certificate confirming the original owner.
GWR wooden sign with cast letters STATION MASTER OFFICE measuring 41in x 11in. Original condition.
NER enamel Doorplate LADIES' ROOM in reverse brown and cream colour. Measures 5.25in x 20in bearing the makers name 'Patent Enamel Co B'ham' along the bottom edge. Very good condition.
BR(S) enamel Station Platform Sign 'PLATFORM 4' measuring 24in x 18in inches. Excellent colour and shine, normal edge chipping.
Totem BR(M) SALTLEY F/F. Ex Midland Railway station north of Birmingham and once site of the huge Locomotive Depot. Opened in 1854 and rebuilt in 1899, it closed in 1968. Excellent condition.
Single Line Bronze key Token stamped both sides NORTON JCT - EVESHAM 28, traces of original red paint. Section on the Cotswold line between Oxford and Worcester.
Western Australian Government Railway cast brass Numberplate 1222. Ex Class V 2-8-2 locomotive built by Beyer Peacock in August 1956 under works number 7747. Withdrawn June 1971.
GWR Signal Box Telephone. Mahogany cased 22in x 7in with integral mouthpiece and Bakelite earpiece, bell at bottom and lightning conductor.
Shedplate 85B Gloucester Horton Road until May 1973. Restored back and front but absolutely spot-on with correct casting marks on rear.
HST stainless steel Nameplate Badge for City of Discovery, ex 43041. Named by the Lord Provost and Cllr George Buckman, Tayside Region at Dundee station 27/06/90. Measures 9in x 9in and is in ex loco condition. Sold on behalf of Great Western Railway s in aid of their nominated Charity, Prostate Cancer UK and will come with an official certificate confirming the original owner.
Carriage Print 'Wigan, Charles I's H.Q. North West, Civil War, 1651' by Bill Sawyer from the LMR History Series. In original glazed frame with small corner loss to top left hand side. 20in x 10in.
Stanier brass Hooter measuring 17in long and with an unusual hexagonal nut style end. In ex loco condition retaining a small amount of feed pipe.
Cast Iron D Wagon Plates qty 5 comprising: GWR 12 Tons 145691 (unrestored), LNER Darlington 284296 (unrestored), LMS 513069, B759136 Wolverton and SR 59369.
Totem BR(W) PORTISHEAD H/F. Ex Bristol and Portishead Pier and Railway station, later GWR, opened in 1867. Closed in 1954 and rebuilt nearer the town. This station finally closed in 1964 when passenger services ceased. Good condition. Originally purc hased by the Portishead Old Station Signalman, later the New Station Porter who waved the first train of 1954 and the last train of 1964. He was a well known character who always wore a flower in his buttonhole.
Advertising enamel Thermometer Sign 'Stephens Inks' In original condition with original thermometer. Measures 36in x 7in
Plymouth Devonport and South Western Junction Railway 12inch mahogany cased Dial Clock, in original condition with dial lettered PD&SWJ Rly, Budge Callington, the German going barrel movement is in good clean condition. Affixed is a traffolite plate BR-W 5325 and the clock is in good working condition, complete with pendulum and key. The Southern Railway clock records show this clock to have been in use at Luckett Station and supplied by Budge Callington, a very rare clock and the sole survivor with this dial writing.
LT enamel Doorplate (Bakerloo Line) PRIVATE. Black on white with brown border 8.5in x 3in. Virtually mint, a significant rarity.
LNER Playing Cards housed in a leather covered box. There are two, unopened packs inside, one having sepia backs showing full company title and depicting a sailing boat harbour scene 'Lowestoft'. The second having colour backs with similar sailing bo ats and town view 'Whitby'. Pristine condition throughout.
HST stainless steel Nameplate Badge for City of Plymouth, ex 43188. Named by the Lord Mayor of Plymouth at Plymouth station 08/05/86. Measures 9in x 9in and is in ex loco condition. Sold on behalf of Great Western Railways in aid of their nominated C harity, Prostate Cancer UK and will come with an official certificate confirming the original owner.
Southern Railway brass cased Electrical Communication Bell from the cab of Southern Railway M7 Locomotive 30125. A very rare item in totally ex loco condition measuring 8in diameter and stamped '901' in the rim.
LYR brass Paychecks x 2, stamped 1 PRESTON RO L&Y.R.Co, and 4 GOODS DEP RAWTENSTALL which is back stamped 4 L&Y.R.Co a pair of desirable Paychecks.
BR(W) Somerset and Dorset section, Telephone circuit notice, issued in September 1959 for the section Binegar to Shepton Mallet. Lists the following locations :- Binegar Signal Box, Masbury Signal Box, Shepton Mallet (Charlton Rd.) Signal box. In its original oak, glazed frame measuring 8 x 5.5 inches.
LNER 9 x 5 Works Numberplate 4915 dated 1936. Ex 0-6-0 J39 locomotive built by Beyer Peacock under Works Number 6812. Spent some time at Neville Hill, withdrawn in March 1962.Face restored rear ex loco.
Totem BR(S) WEST WICKHAM F/F, dark green, black flange. Ex SER station between Eden Park and Hayes. In virtually mint condition, only the second time at auction.
Carriage Print Lincoln by Fred Taylor, from the LNER pre war series, in original type glazed frame. Good condition. 20in x 10in.
Nameplate SAMSON, supplied to GWR but never fitted. Sold on behalf of Great Western Railways in aid of their nominated Charity, Prostate Cancer UK and will come with an official certificate confirming the original owner.
Engine Plates, a set of steel and brass examples ex Class 37's, 20's and 08's. Tastefully mounted on a display board measuring 36in x 24in.
A large Pullman cut glass Whisky Glass measuring 4in tall and 3in diameter at top. Nice etched crest on side.
Shedplate 82A Bristol Bath Road, alloy with not only the two larger bolt holes, but 4 drilled holes of the type fitted to Western Hydraulics. Ex loco condition.
GWR Timetable Books, hardback dated 1866 and 1870 together with a GWR 'Ports' book dated 1931. In the latter, one map has a slight tear.
British Railways enamel, ex Saltley MPD 'Beware Trains Approaching From The Rear' 11in x 6.5in. In good condition.
A pair of Ships Lanterns. The first is a substantial lamp bearing the makers plate 'Wm Harvie & Co 121 Bishop St., Birmingham'. There is also a separate numberplate stamped 11445 and a further plate beneath that 'AKTERST' which is a Swedish nautical term for Aftmost. The lens is engraved 11445 17-12-57, presumably the date it was either made or replaced. The second isn't as substantial but also carries a makers plate 'Seahorse GB Trademark 52789'
LNER Silver Passes, three in total. The first is engraved 'No A131 L. Meara Scottish Area'. The second 'A55 J. Wilkie Scottish Area'. The last 'No 269 L.E. Marr'. All in good to very good condition.
Totem BR(M) WITTON, F/F. Ex LNWR station opened in 1837 between Perry Barr and Aston. This was the main station for Aston Villa football ground. Excellent condition.
GWR cast iron Cabside Numberplate 7231. Ex GWR Collett 2-8-2T built Swindon Works in December 1935 and allocated to Severn Tunnel Junction. Moved to Ebbw Junction and finished up at Llanelly from where withdrawal took place in October 1964.
GWR Steel Single Line Key Token LLANDRE - BOW STREET. Ex GWR (Cambrian) section between Dovey Junction and Aberystwyth.
BR(S) enamel Platform Sign GENTLEMEN, double sided, 36in x 12in dark green. In good condition with original hanging hooks.
HST cast alloy Nameplate Exeter, ex 43025. The loco was named 25/04/1994 and carried the nameplate until 31/03/2010. Ex loco condition. Sold on behalf of Great Western Railways in aid of their nominated Charity, Prostate Cancer UK and will come with an official certificate confirming the original owner.
GWR wooden Clothes Brush with GWR picked out in beige colour within the black bristles. Makers name 'Burrow Leeds' stamped in the handle. Measures 13 inches in length and is in very good condition. Somewhat scarce.
A wooden Model of a 4.5in gauge GWR 2-6-2 Prairie Tank number 4532. Measures 32in long. Nicely executed.
Carriage Prints, qty 4 Hamilton Ellis from the 'Travel In' series. Three in original glazed frames.
LMS Hawkseye BREDON. Ex Midland Railway station on the Birmingham & Gloucester route, opened 24 June 1840 and closed by Beeching 4 January 1965 . Painted in BR(W) chocolate and cream to match the later era when the Western took control of this line.
Totem BR(S) LOWER SYDENHAM F/F, dark green, black flange. Ex SECR station between Catford Bridge and Beckenham In excellent condition with a few small edge chips. First time at auction with black flange.
Beyer Peacock Ltd double pack of Playing Cards in box bearing a label 'Compliments of Beyer Peacock & Co Ltd Locomotive Engineers, Gorton, Manchester. One pack has a red back, the other black, both have the BP diamond logo throughout the design. Unop ened and in pristine condition.
BR(M) enamel Station Platform Sign 'GENTLEMEN' with arrow beneath F/F. Double sided with wall mounting bracket measuring 36in x 12in. Both sides in excellent condition.
Perth Railway Ambulance Corps wooden Sign together with another wooden sign 'LNER - Users of this Cycle Shed…etc'.
Worksplate The English Electric Company Ltd London 3272/8387 - 1963 Robert Stephenson & Hawthorns Ltd Locomotive Works England. Rectangular chromed brass. Ex Class 37 locomotive introduced to traffic 28th May 1963 as D6827 and allocated to Cardiff. R enumbered to 37127 and again to 37370
Interesting Signal Box instrument comprising a wooden box with an open 2 way switch onto which a GWR wood cased Distant Repeater is mounted and next to this, a bakelite repeater and a GWR brass cased repeater mounted above each other.
GWR Refreshment Department Swindon Green Beer Bottle, stands 9 inches tall and has a small chip in the glass on the back of the bottle but is free from cracks. GWR beer bottles are very rare and this came from the same collection we sold in our Novem ber auction.
Opal glass London Street Name Sign 'City Of London Temple Avenue EC4'. Mounted in original galvanised frame measuring 21in x 21in. The red wax infil on the smaller letters has faded The avenue is located on the Eastern side of the famous Temple Law C ourts leading to the Victoria Embankment.
Totem BR(W) WORCESTER SHRUB HILL H/F. Ex Midland & GWR Joint station opened in 1850 and situated a short distance from the City. The Oxford Worcester & Wolverhampton Railway line diverged toward Droitwich and the Hereford line diverged toward Malvern . Good colour and shine, normal edge loss.
BR(W) Station Direction Sign with British Railways Totem at top WORCESTER (SHRUB HILL) STATION and right facing arrow, 28in x 13in. Excellent condition with deep colour and shine. This was situated on Tolladine Road next to the main tunnel opposite t he alleyway leading to the station.
Poster CHESAPEAKE & OHIO RAILWAY. WASHINGTON by BERN HILL (1911-1977) circa 1950 37.5 x 27.5 inches. Bern Hill was a graphic designer and a painter. He is best known for a series of paintings which were turned into posters for the General Motors Elec tro-Motive Division, all of which depicted trains coursing their way through the American countryside. In this separate series he depicts landmarks and well turned-out tourists up and down the Chesapeake & Ohio Line. This view is of the United States Capitol building in Washington, Construction began in 1793 and work continued until 1826, several architects had their hand in its design over the years, including William Thornton, Charles Bulfinch and Frederick Law Olmsted. As with all the images in this series, Hill populates the scene with people impeccably clad in the style of their time. Condition good with some tape residue on corners.
Clicking the confirm button is legally binding obligation to buy and pay for the lot should your bid be successful.
Clicking the confirm button is legally binding obligation to buy and pay for the lot should your bid be successful.